The TGIF (Thank god it’s Friday) mentality is when Monday morning rolls around and the weekend can’t come fast enough. I call it the 9 to 5 mentality. Most 9 to 5’ers are stuck in your daily routine, going through life uninspiring and not very motivated.
You need to switch the TGIF mentality to a TGIM (Thank God it’s Monday) mentality. Many people get stuck working a job that they’re not fully satisfied with. Too afraid to make a change. Too afraid to break the cycle.
Click here to learn how to become a Freight Broker or Agent in 30 days or less. 100% money back guarantee!
Here are a few tips to help change your mentality from a “Thank God it’s Friday”, to a “Thank God it’s Monday”:
Tip #1: Ask yourself a few questions
What’s the root of why I think this way? Why/when do you have the TGIF mentality? Is it your job, boss? Is it time for a change?
Tip #2: Who are you surrounding yourself with?
Are they positive or a negative force in your life? If spending you’re time with a bunch of TGIF-ers or “Debbie Downers” it can definitely rub off.
Remember what Jim Rohn says, “You are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with.” That works for both the positive and negative.
Tip #3: Look at the things you do everyday.
What are the things you do everyday? Are you that person that wakes up miserable because you have to go to work? Are you just wandering through your day waiting for it to end as quick as possible.
Tip #4: Focus on your why & don’t forget to review your goals daily!
One of the best ways to shift your mindset from TGIF to TGIM is to figure out and write down your why? What gets you up in the morning? What are your goals both personal and business?
- Your why might be your children?
- Your why might be financial freedom?
- Your why might be to get our debt?
- Your why might be to have the time and flexibility to travel the world?
- You need to wake up, and go to bed everyday looking at your goals.
Last but not least, always remember to look at your goals at least once per day. Tape them to your bathroom mirror. Tape them to tje dashboard of your car. Add them as a daily reminder to your smart phone. Whatever it takes make sure you review them everyday!
Tip #5: You need to be grateful
You need to be grateful for the things you do have. An easy way to do this is to sit down for 5 minutes everyday and write down the things you are grateful for.
A short/abbreviated list of things I am grateful for includes:
- My health
- My beautiful wife Danielle
- My two gorgeous and intelligent daughters
- My father and brother
- The rest of my family (Connie, Bud, Carm, Laura, Tara, Tommy, Gianna, Nina, Madelyn, Nick and many more as my wife is Italian/Sicilian)
- The internet for opening doors and opportunities that have helped me build multiple 7 figure businesses
- My Judo family (Nick, Mike, Kevin, Marty, Eric, Tom and many more)
- My close personal friends (Rick, Jen, Mike, Pat, Joel)
- My awesome neighbors
- My late mother who instilled my competitiveness and work ethic!
- My dog Frankie Jr. 🙂
You have to live life with intention and wake up everyday with an attitude of gratitude!
Did this post help you out? If so, I’d greatly appreciate it if you’d comment below or SHARE on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn and be sure to click the g+1 logo and let Google know too!